Thread: Saccade
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
So long as the Guardia Civil Trafico don't use it as an excuse to stop you. You know what they're like.
A GZ headlight on high beam during the day is not going to blind anyone. If any local cops say so I would politely tell them to get their eyes checked. With the variety of LED lights out there now a GZ rider can make the bike visible without taxing the charging system. Even Walmart has cheap ones that might do the trick. They are mainly good as daytime running lights but won't do much at night to help illuminate the road. For real effective night riding there are some good ones available but are kinda pricy. I've been considering some for the Ranger because the Hella driving lights I have are not that good. Yup, tried to save $20 and got a lesser product than the previous Hella units that were very effective.
Think it's time to track down a Canadian in the Far East with an online business. He had very well recommended LED driving lights for about $170. A lot of Vstrom riders posted pics of his lights at night. Very impressive.

Login or Register to Remove Ads