View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #30
Canuck

Re: Needle shim modification

hahahah no not cheap Easy.

I always think back to Pacific Motorcycle schools fleet of GZ's

I know most motorcycle schools obviously have the know how on what to do with a GZ to keep it running optimal. Lesson after lesson those bikes have to be near perfect.

My GZ does not ride like the GZ i rode back then.

I know it is my own fault. 90 bucks an hour at the shop just doesn't suit my budget when something goes wrong everytime. Perhaps frugality does play a factor in what happens to the bike. I try my best with the greatest of intentions for the bike. Obviously somewhere along the line Ive neglected the wrong problem(s).

I just know that those bikes had a 15tooth and were well maintained or pulled off the lineup if faulty. Mark was a 5 time super bike champion who has his own Q and A on the schools website. I am sure his decisions were best among anyone I have met or discussed the GZ with. However he is a busy man whom i do not want to bother on a constant basis when i have problems. Opening to a variety of people who have shared my beginner status and are on the same level if not a few tiers higher seems more plausible and to also allow others to read a learn from my mistakes and what led to a solution seems beneficial.

I want the bike the way that school ran theirs if not closer to it. I liked the 16tooth with the Shim Mod.
But I THINK you can get a similar ride that was originally designed for the bike ( by the engineers who built it) without wondering if your screwing the bike up in the long run.

Maybe there is a reason the GZ has been unchanged and unmodified from 99-present....