View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
derbydave

What kind of gear do you ride with

What kind of gear does everyone ride with?

I am an ATGATT guy especially since the accident that I had 4 years ago where a driver pulled out in front of me. I struck their front bumper and I went down at about 40 mph and slid 80 - 100 feet down the pavement on my right side dislocating and fracturing my shoulder in the process. I have a cool screw in my right shoulder now too! I credit my jacket mostly for saving the skin on my chest and my full face helmet where the only road rash was on the chin bar. I wasn't wearing gloves that morning for some reason and my hands got a little chewed up and I had on regular jeans which are no match for pavement.

Now I always wear my full face helmet, riding jacket, gloves, boots and I just recently I purchased Kevlar riding jeans.

When I ride I almost never see other cruiser riders wearing any more than a half helmet if even that. Usually it is the protective Harley bandanna and that's it. Sometimes I feel a little out of place but then I remember the accident, surgery, physical therapy and the fact that I will never have full range of motion in the shoulder I broke.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by derbydave; 06-10-2017 at 08:55 AM.