View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #7
alanmcorcoran

Re: Corona Motorsports and... I push started the bike!

Ahh Patrick, you bring back memories of piece of $hit cars from my youth. I did have a "stanley" key for a stretch back in my salad days. Had a preference for the longer handled variety, the better to get a good grip for my little girly hands.

No, I'm still using the official "included" keys on this ride. There is some setting past lock that looks like it has a lit bulb on it or maybe it's accessory (what f'ing accessory is beyond me.) I'm telling you, it's main functional purpose seems to be to leave your taillight on. I'll have to look it up in the MOM because I sound like a dipshit even to me.

After the wife discovered the taillight on this evening (two hours after I returned from Corona) I put the crime scene together. I had been wondering what that strange red glow on my garage door was the night before, but none of the front lights were on and I didn't know it was possible to leave the back one on by itself. By the time I rolled 'er out of the garage this afternoon, the taillight wasn't on anymore because the battery was run down. So I didn't notice it until I did the same stupid thing twice in a row. I just got back from a "charge 'er up trip." Made two stops and it fired right up both times. I'm hoping I didn't do any permanent damage. Even though I'm in the middle one of the largest cities in the country, the Suzuki dealers are either far away or of questionable integrity/competence. I'm not looking forward to getting the thing serviced.