View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
dannylightning

Re: LOWERING MY 2000 GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_koontz
I don't care about top speed...I need to find inexpensive 11" shocks that will fit so I can safely ride this bike.
that may be a hard task, like mentioned there are virtually no aftermarket parts made for these bikes, there is a way to lower your bike using a metal bar to replace the shocks but you will have no suspension at all, not recommended but it can be done. a friend of mine did this to her Harley, she says go over bumps and it will pretty much bounce you off the road.

my suggestion is call some places that sell after market motorcycle parts. just say i need this size shock with a hole in this diameter to bolt them on, do you have any thing like that. its worth a shot. or as mentioned some one might be able to fab something for your bike.

i take it you can not put both of your feet flat on the ground when setting on the bike??

and you will find at some point in every thread people start to bs about thing and the subject can get changed a few times. but you did bring up the top speed of the bike and we were just letting you know the correct information on that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads