Thread: S83 for a M50
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #7
blaine

Na....Thats a deal breaker for me.Most bikes have quirkes in their design...But this a over all bad design with a known tensoner flaw that Suzuki won't admit or redesign a better tensoner.....I assume in case it would lead to a recall..There are a lot of Boulevard 800 in circulation. ...Im used to having bikes that go 100000 with normal maintenance.I put on between 14000 & 18000km a year.To pay that kind of money just to get to the tensoners is beyond what Im willing to spend on something that will do the same thing again.If there was a newer updated tensoner design than I would think differently.As I said most just replace the whole engine/transmission with a low mileage unit.A great bike for someone that only puts a few thousand K on a year.She just turned 40000km(25000 Miles) so in spring she will be going to a new home while everything is still quiet & working well.......Kinda sad that I put almost 50000km on my GZ with no major problems & a newer bigger more modern design can do no more.

Last edited by blaine; 10-19-2017 at 08:18 PM.