View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
diffluere

Re: 1-Yr Anniversary

Thanks guys (well, those of you that left nice comments).

I ride my bike pretty much every week day, but like I said school is only 3 miles away! Same with work, it's about 4.5 miles away. Even if I ride to school AND to work, that's only 15 miles per day..or 5465 miles per year. *shrug* Gainesville isn't that big and I don't go that many places!

As I said before I don't mind riding in the rain, but it's such a pain in the ass to purposely go out and ride my bike to work in the rain, have to bring extra shoes, the rain gear, etc. when I could just grab an umbrella and get in the car. If it's raining, cold, hot, locust swarming, dark, a riot is happening, and I have class I still go on the bike; they don't let off-campus people to have car parking passes. I don't have a choice, so I'm not really a "fair-weather" rider. Sometimes I just prefer A/C over sweat dripping in my eyes.

For comparison, in the past year I've only put about 10,000 miles on my car, and that includes two trips to South Carolina (800 miles each way) and a few trips to my mom's condo (about 300 miles away). I really don't have time to go anywhere unless it's Spring Break or something. I have school every weekday (including summer) and I work every weekend. I'm not as lucky as some of you guys. =( One day I will have a 'real job' with banker's hours and I can go on adventures every weekend....