View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
Skunkhome

Re: So I checked out a used GZ for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsidegz
.... When I first read how the guy advertised it (80mpg), personally, that would make me shy away from the start. I don't know anyone that gets 80mpg with this bike, but I could be wrong. Just leads me to believe the guy is not truthful and I wouldn't trust him. l
Well, I wouldn't condemn a seller on that alone simply because I can tell you even with all the talk and concern about miles per gallon nowadays there are few people who can actually calculate their own mpg's.
People will simply parrot what they have heard or read on the Maroney Label. (Suzuki advertised 82 mph on the Gz) I will often ask what kind of mileage people are getting and I will get answers like " real good...I drove to New Orleans and back and only used a half tank of gas". Now that is a very quantative statement. That said. My GZ regularly gets between 73 and 75 mpg with E10 fuel. If I started using pure Dino gas that might kick it up to 78 mpg and if I took it easy and lost about 50-60 lbs, 80 mph might be obtainable.

Login or Register to Remove Ads