View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #34
itsagz250butitsmine

WTF

I just did mine, closed everything up, fired it up and the exhaust sounded like shaking pennies in a tin can, so I soon came to realize that my adjustments were way off and too loose. I just re-did them pulling them closer to the smaller size of the spectrum which yielded great but such different results. The changes that I've noticed immediately are that I can now reach 65mph in 4th gear and shifting up doesn't really add speed but more maintains it as opposed to getting up to 50mph and shifting up to get to a consistent 65 unless I had the help of a hill. My cold starts now use very little choke for a minute and then it is able to run with the choke open as opposed to having to keep the choke half on and decreasing it slowly for about 5 min for consistent idle before the adjustment. Now I also do not get a backfire after shutting a hot engine, unlike before when it would happen every time. Also I ordered the 16t sprocket before all of this and am now wondering if 5th gear will be completely useless, but I'm ok with that as long as 4th can get me to 65mph at least. Anyway, thoughts or comments about any of the above?