View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #36
itsagz250butitsmine

I can't tell you "exact measurements" but I took the feeler gauge that was the midrange for both intake and exhaust and made it so that it had a decent pull to get it out for all 4 valves, rotated it twice, checked re-adjusted, rotated, checked and closed it up. It was a struggle to get the same feeler gauge back in after tightening the locknut, but the minimum size tolerance would go in with some finesse so I know atleast it's in the range, closer to the smaller side. Like I said I noticed the difference just in the noise from the first failed attempt. Oh btw, I punctured the inspection plug so for now I plugged it with some plumbers epoxy, but need to find one asap. I've been trying to perform maintenance type of jobs on this bike as I can and I haven't looked into the carb just yet. Gotta see if theres a sticky for that on the forum. Also I didn't mention that I am 6'1 with no windshield so there is a decent amount of wind drag against my torso, which could also diminish the amount of torque that 5th gear has.

Last edited by itsagz250butitsmine; 08-21-2016 at 04:37 PM.