View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #36
kilo0195

Another note of interest... you can use the stock 250cc head gasket with the 300 as long as you have the piston clearance. The gasket I used after the last mods failed which left me with only the stock gz gaskets or a custom copper one. The stock gasket doesn't have a fire ring so I figured I'd give it a shot. I put the jug on and spun the piston to TDC and I had about .012 sticking above the deck. As this would mean the piston would be striking the head gasket I decided to add another .033 thick paper gasket between the jug and crankcase. This in essence raised the jug enough to give me the deck clearance for the stock gasket. This should bump CR to almost 11/1 now. It's running great for now. My only concern is the gasket material that is now in the combustion chamber. I don't imagine it breaking up as it's stacked steel. I could though foresee it causing detonation if the steel gets hot enough and can't dissipate that heat. So far so good, yet its still cool temps here. I will update if anything changes. PS I'm still slightly pissed about the gasket failing in less than 1000 miles.