View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
BladeVortex

Doing "Stage 1" of that one power increase thread

Hello all,

As above, i'm about to do the re-jetting of the carburetor and put in the K&N SU-5589 while i'm at it. Main jets 140, 142.5, 145, 147.5, 150, and 152.5 are on the way in the mail, as well as the air filter. I have already done the 16T sprocket modification.

Currently I think the bike is running close to stoichiometric because the plug is that beautiful tan, and the current air filter is the most disgusting thing i've ever seen inside, absolutely clogged up and looks like a dryer lint trap, so I think this is constricting air flow and making it run stoichiometric, but underpowered.

The bike cruises at 60 mph and anything higher feels like it's over revving. It was scary before the 16T sprocket, I felt like I was in "redline" the whole time.

Anyway, any tips or stuff I should know about before doing this that isn't mentioned in the tread? I'll post my results in this thread as well as any tips for other random kids jumping into something that seems pretty daunting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by BladeVortex; 07-07-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Mentioning that I am in fact going to contribute to this specific category of the forum