View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
Sorry WW, but I do have to chime in here because you (and your talk of Lynda and her riding) always provided me with so much inspiration. I am truly sorry for your loss and am grateful you shared so much about her on the forum back in the day. Thank you for opening up a little more and sharing more about her with the last recent post.
Thanks Maggie. Lynda did indeed inspire more gals to ride. And ride more than just around town. During her last long distance solo ride she was taking a break and was surprised when a woman came running up and said "I have one of those at home(M-50 Suzuki)but would never have thought to ride half way across Canada."

I think the long rides allowed Lynda to bond and become "one" with the bikes. She also did that same long ride on her GZ 4 years earlier and loved it. She loved a 400 mile ride on a weekend with the GZ. Her shake down cruise on the M-50 was nearly 1000 miles and prepared her for anything with it. Our travels with 2 or 4 wheels were a delight. Many happy memories and friends to make on the road. Lynda is missed by her family, friends and myself very much.
Even before we were a couple I once drove 900 miles to have coffee with her after she moved to B.C. Lynda said I was crazy but a little crazy goes a long way. That was actually our 1st date. After 3 or 4 more trips across the Rockies and retirement in my future I asked if she could find an apartment for me. Yup, just down the hall and when do you want to move in? 5 weeks later I was a resident in Squamish with a wonderful woman just down the hall. After 3 more months we lived together and the rest is history. Our time together was too short but it was wonderful.