Thread: Stebel Air Horn
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #23
burkbuilds

Re: Stebel Air Horn

WW, all good points and certainly something to consider, although at the time I was running high beams but it was daylight and therefore a little less visible. The "pulsating"

lights would definitely get people's attention better. One of my co-workers was hit last Friday while out getting lunch. Somebody turned left right in front of him and he

ended up smashing his crash bars up and they wrapped around his leg and pinned him to the bike until the paramedics got there. Bad cut on his leg and a really swollen knee

were his main injuries, I guess he was lucky that he didn't T-bone the car. Still he missed several days of work, will take several weeks to heal up and smashed up his bike

too. I guess traffic is bad everywhere, but it seems like Atlanta drivers are always in a hurry and trying to squeeze the last little bit out of every commute. The traffic here

is usually bumper to bumper and you still see people weaving in and out like they could actually get somewhere significantly faster by doing so. Crazy! I can't remember the

last time I went anywhere down here that I didn't have to "dodge" somebody to keep from getting run over at some point during the trip. I've gotten so gun shy about it

that I have gone out of my way to find side streets that don't put me in heavy traffic even though it may add 25% to my normal trip time. Atlanta has a lot more job and

educational opportunities than my home town, but I hate living here because of the traffic and the crime. I'd have to get an amazing job offer to keep me here after

college is over. I'll take less pay and smaller town life over this mess any day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads