Thread: TU 250
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #96
adrianinflorida

Re: TU 250

to me, the Royal Enfield felt "Punchier", it really brought out the feel I'd expect in a thumper. It didn't "feel" faster, the upright seating position and old school ergonomics made it feel a bit sedate, to me. the bike handled real predictably for me, no surprises, point and shoot where you want to put it, and it goes, a good predictable bike. I took it out on US1 (6 lane, divided highway, not a freeway) and It felt about equivilent to the GZ, i.e. not something I'd want to drive long distance on high speed expressways. It's geared a bit differently from the GZ, and you really feel the buzziness/thuming towards the end of the gearing range/power band.

The build quality is great, there is a very minor bit of roughness to the paintwork on the frame, from what I've read and people I talked to, that's more intentional than anything to keep the old school aestetic that it has. No rattles or feeling that the thing is a third world bike (Nor in the price). It would be a good replacement for the GZ250 if you don't want to move "up" to a more powerful or upmarket bike, but simply wanted another bike that was good in fuel economy and for commuting around town.