View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
ruxpin76

Re: GZ250 Cafe Conversion

UPDATE:

Bike has been marked for extra bracket removal, and I've found that a Honda CB175 tank's inner circles fit the GZ's rubber tank pucks PERFECTLY. They are, however a bit high on the gas tank, so I'm moving the GZ's pucks to the topside of the chassis tube and reworking the rear tank mount. Pics to follow.

The rearset (passenger pegs) are being relocated about 6" forward and 1" down, on the "triangles".

I've decided to raise the cafe seat a couple inches ABOVE the stock seat location, and affix a sealed battery on the underside, in the area where the tubing triangles normally covered with the sidecovers are. It will barely be visible, and makes installation far better than trying to get the battery out to the tail. It also helps with weight distribution.

That's it for now. I still have a ton of pics, but they're all HUGE. That's what a 10MP cam does for you, I guess.

Drop me a line if you get too impatient for updates. Or need some GZ parts (Tank, airbox, air filters, rear fender assembly, rear fender, passenger or main seats, main footpeg assemblies...)