View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #18
Water Warrior 2

You gotta do what you gotta do. If the GW keeps you happy then life is worth living. You need to be in control of your happiness. It is good to ride with a little fear as it will keep us alert but there had better be that big smile on your face too.
Never had a bad wreck on a bike but do know pain. Thankfully it is all in the past. Spent a lot of time on crutches or canes just to support my weight after severely bruised and swollen discs took me out of commission. My spine was S shaped rather than straight.
Last time was in 2005 a week after I got the Vstrom. Dropped it and picked it up wrong. Spent 6 weeks doing therapy exercises at home to no avail. Couldn't even walk properly. A kind soul gifted me some recreational weed and the next day I went for a walk after 18 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Was riding again the following day.
I am grateful for every pain free day and the fact that medical science has control of any other ailments. Statistically I passed my expire due date 15 years ago so life is more than good to me.