Thread: Change Your Oil
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #30
Stretch

Thanks Easy Rider, Jonathan180iq, BadBob & Water Warrior

I did tweak the adustment a bit last night and then took her out for a longer spin and the performance was much better. I will take your advice and chill about it for a week or so. But while I was down there playing with the clutch cable, I noticed the chain was starting to get dirty, so I did a kerosene cleaning last night... and then I noticed the chain appears a bit too slack... started reading up on that. It doesn't appear too difficult... Ok, I can see why maintenance starts to get addictive and why these topics (at least whenever I join in) can wander from the original topic...
:roll:

I really appreciate all the help everyone gave me. This may have been a simple fix to a simple problem, but when it is your first time and you are by yourself, it seems like a big deal. For anyone reading this thread and actually interested in the oil change itself: for the record, the syntec is still in the bike and doing fine. The oil didn't appear to cause the troubles I had, it just brought them to light.

Enjoy the ride!
-Bob