Thread: 700+ Mile Ride
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #26
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by WdavisUI
Thanks for the replys, i am looking forward to the trip. Anyone know of a website where i can order some reasonably priced saddlebags for my GZ? Also i am worried about the speed limits on the highways along the way, i think for the most part it is 55 MPH but i know it turns into 65 MPH along the way, i currently havnt gone any faster than 60 MPH because it seems to be too much for the GZ to handle, am i just not giving it enough credit? Thanks for the help.
I think you're just not giving it enough credit. I regularly hold between 65 and 75 on the standard 15t sprocket on straight roads. Once you get used to the engine screaming and vibrating like hell, you'll get to trust its stamina a bit more. Like others have said, these bikes are very sturdy, and with even a little bit of regular maintenance, they will hold out seemingly forever.

As a disclaimer, all GZ's are different, and some will not make a top end of over 65-70. A lot of the "speed" depends on load and wind resistance and maintenance regimen.