View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
rhardcore

Thank you for the response. I pulled the head light housing off before trying the breaker. There weren't any visible issues with the wires in there. I do still think it is in the triple tree somewhere though. I don't mind the 10 AMP fuse to the taillight popping for now. I can always trace that down later.

I can't figure out why the bike won't start now. It doesn't need that fuse to run. I tried pulling other components one at a time that I would think would make a difference to the starting. My thought was that if I pull it and it doesn't make a visible difference, then I was wrong about it being necessary for starting or it is hosed. So, I pulled the ignition fuse, the main relay under the seat, and the main 20 AMP fuse one at a time. All of these completely shut down the bike and prevented any cranking. So, they are all doing what they are supposed to.

Can you think of anything that could have been fried that would keep it from starting even though the battery is great, I have fuel, air, and spark?

Also, there seems to be a lot of stuff in the plug wire if you unscrew the metal connector that attaches to the plug. Is that all necessary? I think I may have lost a little clear plastic washer if I saw it correctly as it fell from my hands. That happened after it already wasn't starting and I was troubleshooting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads