Thread: Gw 250s
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose51683 View Post
Wow that is pretty bad if the shop sent it back.
Probably one of those statistical things. Every now and again a product just will not work no matter what.
Years ago I read a tidbit about General Motors tracking down a car that was an absolute disaster. "All" the components were border line in quality and reliability. They somehow managed to find this car before it was shipped from the factory. Probably went straight to the crusher.
Back in the late 60's a fellow I worked with got a brand new Japanese car that was the same thing but was sold to him. Nothing worked for long and the car spent more time at the shop than in his possession. After a year of ownership he went back to the dealership and they agreed to sell him a new car for his Lemon trade and $100. They could have left him hung out to dry but were very apologetic and did the right thing. His second car was a gem and he loved it for it's reliability and quality.
This was before any Lemon Laws were ever thought of to protect consumers. As a matter of fact I doubt we have Lemon Laws in Canada now. The Lemon Laws in the U.S. did a lot for quality control and reliability in the entire auto industry.