View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #9
bwader

Update:

Yesterday I drained the oil and it was runny with gas. I changed oil filter too. Fresh oil in bike now.

I tightened cylinder head bolts and one of them kept turning and broke on me not using a torque wrench. They were loose bolts. Also exhaust bolts were loose.

I also checked to see if fuel petcock was working stopping gas, and it does work. I pulled off hose and had a container handy and saw fuel come out in Prime and stop in other positions.

So gas must have gotten in through carb. and its not leaking out gas tank anywhere. My carb needle and seat are a few months old. I guess all it takes is for it to get stuck open.

My next plans of action is I think I will:
1.new head bolts and get the broken one out. Hopefully it comes out and isn't stripped.
Seemed like bolt snapped when it broke on me. I can do take apart head waiting on bolts
2. Spark plug see if it needed tightening I haven't tried yet, and remove and clean.
3. Compression test (No air pushed out like before when I tried to start after tightening bolts)
4. See if bike will start. Then take apart and replace head gasket and replace bolts and get out broken one of course. I might as well take carb apart and inspect
5. Put back together and do compression test. and try to start bike.

Any suggestions? at this point I'm just putting together plans.