View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

All 3 250cc bikes, the GZ, the Virago and the Rebel are light and agile first bikes. Not enough power or performance to intimidate a new rider. The GZ is the most substantial looking with its larger tank and general appearance. It is the only single cylinder bike while the others are the Rebel parallel twin and the Virago V-twin. The GZ is the simplest engine design and I would think the easiest to maintain and repair.

The GZ is the largest physically and will fit more riders or different body builds. Ergonomically the GZ is the best in my opinion. I did spend some time on a Virago and didn't find it as good. While doing slow speed training I hooked a knee on the handle bars and dropped it.

Never rode a Rebel but it would not be the best for me because of it's smaller physical size. Lynda rode one in training and cursed it while wishing she had her GZ to train on.

All 3 bikes weigh 300 lbs give or take and are easy to peddle around when needed.

The Suzuki 650 is a tad heavier, 60 lbs more actually and a decent bike with a large following. It is a torquey big single with belt drive and a very good first bike also. It's cruising speed is a bit higher than the GZ and can tackle long inclines and headwinds much easier. It is the GZ's big brother in my mind.

Login or Register to Remove Ads