View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
northsidegz

Re: Thinking about life after GZ..already..

Hey vik, I just purchased a Vulcan 800 after riding the GZ for a year. Like you (at least, I think so if I remember your other posts), the GZ was essentially my first bike and really my only experience. I also owned an 82 Suzuki GS450 Bobber, but it was pretty similar in terms of size, weight and handling as the GZ.

When you upgrade, I think you'll see a noticable difference in various areas. If you're looking at a Boulevard, it will most certainly feel bigger and less easy to "man-handle" (for lack of a better term) than the GZ. That said, I'm finding takeoffs (i.e. going forward at a stoplight, for example) feel much nicer on a bigger bike. It's almost like gliding on a bigger bike.

So far, on the Vulcan, I'm loving the acceleration and range of speed in certain gears. I also love the low center of gravity. It is actually easier for me in cloverleaf's and other ramps on the highway as compared to the GZ. I'm not loving the MPG. That is an obvious sacrifice. Maintenance and worry-free riding are still to be seen. I won't be taking any long "trips" on it though as I just don't have the time, so won't be able to comment on that part.

Best of luck in your search when you're ready to do so!