View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Re: Slightly obscure motorcycle crash scenarios to keep in m

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz250
being a newbie I always check the cars behind me on a stop light,specially around here were i live they don't pay attention, but what I don't get is when you leave enough space infront you on a stop then you noticed that the car behind is a little too close so I move forward a bit then the SOB will do the same thing!!I'm like "hey I'm trying to keep my distance from you dumbmy!!"
You shouldn't move ahead. You will use up your escape route area and manuverability if needed. Keep your foot on the rear brake in case you get bumped by some one. Do not use the front brake while stopped as that will likely bring you down if bumped.
Most cagers have no idea how frightening a car can be when it is an arm length off your tail light. What I do the odd time at a stop is just roll back and forth 6 inches while waiting for the green. Keep in mind the Vstrom is a lot bigger and they are afraid to move ahead in case I roll back into them.
You can usually tell a rider in a cage because they do not tailgate and leave you some space moving or stopped. It makes for a less stress filled ride.