View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #30
mole2

Re: Rejected inspection: front turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwader

Sorry about that, I had thought that, but I was wrong. When I took out the bad bulb I couldn't tell if it did or not. I got a bulb and it works fine, just not 2 filaments in there just one. As it works now the indicator bulb lights up the same in left or right position but in the middle it stops. That's good enough for me.
That's the way it is supposed to work.

Quote:
I don't know where to readily find that 2 filament split bulb. That boot might be shorting still, I guess I don't know. Maybe just having the right bulb keeps it from trying to ground on the opposite turn signal bulb.

At any rate I have an appointment with that Harley Davidson shop at 930am in the morning so hopefully its money worth spent if its a deeper problem.

I haven't gone through all that wiring in the headlight housing so it could very well be in there or wherever it gets grounded to the frame.

I skimmed past that second video earlier. Usually I'm a do it yourselfer for saving money but on this one I'm going with what my better judgement tells me not to and to listen to my woman- go take it to a shop to get it fixed.

Goodnight its midnight thirty here.
Ok, just to make sure I understand you. The directionals are working properly AND the indicator is working properly. The indicator just flashes, it doesn't indicate which side. That is how it's designed. The Youtube videos show you how to have it work showing which side is blinking.