View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: Do not launch new browser when entering forum from main page

Actually, I think Dupo's bike (is it a Honda Shadow?) was one I sat on and considered when I couldn't find a GZ, It was about 9.5K new. (plus BS I'm sure.) That one may be the bike to beat. I have a lot of respect for Honda as a maker of stuff that works and lasts. Harley seems to have a spotty record in this regard. Also, (offensiveness warning - judgment of other people's character coming up) although I like everything to be all about me, I also believe in maintaining a low profile in public and, especially, not infringing on other's rights. I can appreciate the low rumble of the fabled V twin (Christ, I hope it's a V twin [I don't know much about the technical stuff, like motors and shit]), I do not want to become one of these grizzled douchebags that roll down mainstreet with some skank on the back and shake the ground, the glass and everyone's ass with said rumble. It's sort of the redneck version of pumping the bass on the rap. I know this is not necessarily a feature of all Harley's and, can also be accomplished with non-Harleys, but whenever I hear it, it's mostly one or more Harley's involved. Not for me.

My apologies to all of you grizzled, douchebag HD riders with your sweet pipes, and also to the Missus Skank.

-Your Friend, The Skank/HD-Free Grizzled douchebag

Login or Register to Remove Ads