View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
bwader

I had a similar issue with blinkers

Man been almost 2 years since I posted.......

On my 2005 gz the first place I took it to get a state inspection in VA the inspector was younger and strict.......So I was on here a while back trying to get my blinkers to not alternate flash. I spent hours taking apart headlamp and those bullet connectors and I even bought a used gz harness off ebay and no difference. I troubleshooted all over the bike and never did "fix it" in a way that would have satisfied that inspector. I even bought and still have another blinker relay.

So I ended up just going to another inspector and he was nice enough to pass me and said I needed to change my front brake pads, and he said "Its about had it" and I was greatful I finally could ride legal! and a week later I got my $12 new pads and replaced them. Key thing when getting inspected is don't tell them anything and I think that helped out. Granted I didn't tell the first inspector anything either.

I probably spent $150 in parts and many hours to get to that point and at least I learned more about my bike going though the ordeal. Could have been more

Last edited by bwader; 06-12-2017 at 09:29 AM.