View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: A Zip and Splat doing a wheelie on I-75

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
"Street Fighter" bike: All the fairings, headlight and windshield got smashed, so now it doesn't have them. See also Naked GSX-R and Naked Ninja
I know you're trying to be funny, but a streetfighter is not necessarily just a wrecked out bike because someone was stunting it - those are usually called rat-bikes. Most owners fighter out a bike because they like the customized look of a production bike without looking like a production bike. The very same principle applies to choppers and customized cruisers. Indeed, a chopper is simply a streetfighter based on a cruiser body-style.

The trick to finding a stunt bike is looking for an engine cage, 90-bar and dents in the sides or top of the tank (because they intentionally hammered them there for grip). They usually have fairings removed or quick latches installed so they can be removed in short order, and there's usually fork or swingarm pegs on it.

I know this is a sportbike-bashing thread, but I at least wanted to get some information corrected before it got too carried away.

Please continue.