Thread: Luggage Rack
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Luggage Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrider
check out my new posting on mods yoy can easly mount a topcase, even sidecases, ive got 132 liters total of space added, and got a tank bag too,(21 more liters), you gust get a suzuki sissybar-luggage rack setup, cut off the back rest portion, or the gngle it goes back at will prevent you from attaching a decent case, then buy what ever size pleases you , go to home depot visit the hardware section , some bolts some fender washers a couple of house framing brases hacked in half to go under the topcase from underneith the stock luggage rack, (unless the topcase came with uinversal mounting hardware allready, only smaler capasity ones do , large ones all have bike specific ones, and nothing for the gz) . and cut a piece of ply wood to the shape of the bottom of the topcase, and let the topcase sit on that, to distribute the pressure evenly since the luggage rack is only 7 in long and 6 in wide.sandwich it in between the top of the rack and the bottom of the topcase, tighten it and youre good . suzuki puts the weight rating low so no lawsuits from extreme abuse like the hot coffee warnings at mc d's, the area where the 2 bolts accept the suzuki luggage rack go streight threw the frame, look from the under side and you will see, its solid and will hold up. it additionaly will support my 2 sidecases , so be confident a topcase is no issue.

Ever heard of the Shift key?

...or a spellchecker?