View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #27
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: I fought the dog and the dog won.

Burkbuilds, you have been a long time member of this forum and a lot of us have gotten to know you as a great asset to our little community. It is never easy to hear of one of our members going down, crashing, losing control of their bike or getting hit by a vehicle. I am so glad to hear you are ok and alive to tell about it. I think i speak for everyone, even those who choose not to reply, that an accident like this always makes us, if even for a little while, more aware of our surroundings after hearing a story such as this. I witnessed a motorcyclist get clobbered by a car that turned left from the right lane, cutting the motorcyclist off and causing him to hit the side of the car. I sat there with him while paramedics were on the way, dealing with moron bystanders wanting to move him, take his helmet off (some idiot who said he knows first aid says take his helmet off and check see if he can move his neck, to which i told him to 'fuck off, touch him and the EMT will be tending to you as well) and the crazy driver wanting to SHAKE HIS HAND while he lay there scraped up and in obvious pain. But seeing that accident happen right in front of me sent a chilling message that shit can happen anywhere, any time with no warning. For the next two weeks i rode much more cautious and actually put a helmet on (yea yea, i know). Point is, we all feel the effect of someone else's accident in some way or another.

I, as well as the rest of us, wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back riding again when you are all healed up. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take the time to feel better and come see us when you are able.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook