View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
kilo0195

300cc tuning and performance

Ok... so i figured I'd start this thread because my other thread about the coil question got off topic and as I drive my 300cc I realize that I,m going to have many more questions. I also dont know how to edit the title of the other post lol. Anyways long story short about my bike 2007 gz250 1.25" exhaust- 1.5 at the Y- and emgo shorty muffler with 1.75 tip. Ported exhaust, rejet 147.5 main and larger pilot, k&n pod filter, decked slightly, nitrogen 320mm rear shocks, 16t front, 300cc big bore kit... and I hope I didn't leave something out. after about 100 miles on it now i can say that it definitely vibrates a little more... just the nature of a thumper, but was enough it made the baffle in my muffler chirp on decel. I had to remove the baffle, which sounds amazing btw. I also changed the stock plug to an E3 but their plug seems a little cold, so I will be putting in a ngk DR8EIX iridium tomorrow. I will then read and compare the 3 plugs. My main concern now is that it seems to be running warmer maybe. The 300cc jug has better fins on it, but would that be enough? I'm not really feeling like being a test rat for an oil cooler mod. Also what operating temps should I be looking for when I measure?

Login or Register to Remove Ads