View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
MileHighGZ

Thumbs Up How's everyone doing? Me I'm fantastically well!

Hello my name is Sam and I own a GZ.

So I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 20 years and am super excited about my first one. I picked up my GZ for the smallest four digit number you can think of. I had a Honda Metro a few years back and it wasn't enough. I'm not a big dude so I have been looking for a 250 for a couple of months and found a grey 2008 Marauder in a pawn shop a couple of weeks ago and grabbed it up. She was running but needed a new battery, easy fix. They even delivered it for me. I have ridden around my subdivision a little trying to get back into the groove. My shifting needs practice. I got a helmet already and will get my jacket this week. I have modified toys before so I love these make and model forums, so much information to comb through. I will be asking alot of questions. I gave the bike a good once over and I can tell she's been down. She's missing the battery cover, they all are. I also noticed the front turn signals come on but don't blink and the rears don't come on at all. So I know there are some wiring issues and I'm going to have to jump into that. Which eventually lead me to a decision... replace all the lighting with LEDs. I jumped on eBay and bought a headlight, taillight, turn signals, fog lights and running lights. (I want to be seen!) which leads to this first of many questions; Do I need resistors? Or anything like that in order for the LEDs to function properly. Peace. And happy riding. That's all for now thanks in advance for any help, I do appreciate it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads