View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
ShellyNix

Won't Start: Diagnosing the issue

Hey guys,

New here and new to the GZ world in general. Bought the 250 (2005) from a guy who owns a riding school. A few scratches here and there but I tested it twice and it ran fine both times. Let it sit in my garage for a couple days, wouldn't start last night. Sounded like it was having trouble turning over a few times, then the fourth press of the engine start button, no noise (light clicking but no sound from the engine). Lights all still work, but horn all of a sudden does not. When I press the horn the lights flicker but I get no sound. Here's where my being new comes into play. I think I may have left the choke down for the two days between when I bought it and when I tried to start it again. I bought I spark plug socket and will try to pull it out tonight. I also bought a battery charger, though I am having a hard time finding a place to charge since I live in a condo building (on the marble floor of the lobby maybe?). And to add to the issues, this morning when I went to look at it, I noticed a black tar on the left side of the engine.

Please let me know if anyone has had similar problems. I would really like to get this thing running shortly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads