Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 04:15 AM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Okay, I've had a very long extended nap and a bite to eat. What a day I have had. Woke up far too early after a night of nightmarish sleep, put on the coffee and a light breakfast. I am blessed with the good fortune of not remembering nightmares for long in most cases.

The Ranger was waiting for the trip to Vancouver to pick up the bike and carry it home. Tiedown straps, Check. Riding gear, Check. A pocket full of cash, Check. Odds and ends on my list, Check. Bob is awake, Check.

Stopped at the Golden Arches for a road coffee. Five minutes later an overhead highway sign declares an accident and left lane may be closed. No biggy. Well, not for me except for the delay. But it was a biggy for some one else. Drivers in small cars do not fare well when being collected by a logging truck. The drivers compartment, left side only was the only real piece of car left. Hopefully there was no front seat passenger as it was virtually non-existant.

Carried on in a light rain to the city. My bike is ready to go after signing the papers and doing the cash handoff. A big gentle giant comes outside and easily loads my bike and ties it down nicely and professionally. Only a few drops of rain so the day is looking good.

The closer to home the heavier the rain and bit of fog or low clouds. A gigantic rain cloud settled in over the town and things are not looking too good. I know I'm going to get real wet on the short ride home after the bike is unloaded at the local shop. Not a good omen. went straight home, put on all my gear, stuggled into my rain gear and then to the DOT for a plate and insurance. Done. Now off to the shop.

Backed in out of the rain, bike off loaded and I'm headed home in a driving rain on new tires on a strange new bike. Learned a few things right off, the foot controls really need adjusting for my size 12's. Forward controls are really strange for the uninitiated. All in all, a very tense ride in very poor riding conditions but I did get home without mishap. My back locked up like a wooden beam and started to hurt.

Here comes the freaky part. I had intended to ride the old 83 Silver Wing back to the shop. One minor repair needed. Finally got it started on one cylinder and hoped it would stay running. Why did I ever buy it 2 years ago. It is a big top heavy pig that is really scary to an older not so strong me. Had a few highly tense moments but no oops so I'm more than happy.
Got to the shop, parked it inside and left in the Ranger. Straight home in all my riding gear except helmet. Somewhat wet, uncomfortable and aching all over. Hence, my extended nap.

All in all, an exciting event filled day that ended well. Now I'm going back to bed. Night all.