Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 PM   #29
Water Warrior 2

So I get to ride the big old honda from the shop. First things first I will insure it for 3 months rather than just a day. Might as well give it some exercise and a tank of new gas with Seafoam in it. Hopefully it will start running on two cylinders with a cleaner fuel system. Might get a touch wet and cool but not near what I experienced the other day when I almost drowned.

Although the old bike may be mechanically solid it isn't exactly pristine looking after so many years. If it doesn't sell on CL I just may have to leave it somewhere with the key in it and hope it disappears never to be found. Yeah, I could do that. Sounds a little crazy but I have no interest in it at all. Chalk up the overall cost to experience and be done with it.

Really getting itchy to ride the new bike. After the foot controls are adjusted I will install the new Madstad windshield. It was delivered yesterday. It has laser cut brackets that mount on the handlebar clamps. A real neat design. It is 22 inches high overall and about 18 inches wide. The brackets allow for height and tilt. Just loosen 2 knobs and adjust to preference. Snug up the knobs and enjoy. Had the same basic thing on my Vstrom and it was great but it was actually using the fairing windshield mounting points instead.

Just had to share a bit. Now back to your regular programming.