View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
mrlmd1

Re: Windshield or windscreen purpose??????

Not offended at all.
My Slipstreamer SS28 was larger than that little one and had side wings that covered the grips and did serve the purpose of blocking the wind and protecting from road missiles and bugs. Still. even a small shield if positioned and angled right, may deflect the air over your head and upper body and protect your face from projectiles. Yours looks to be in correct position but you could try and angle it backwards a tiny bit and raise it up an inch. I know appearance counts but I don't think it would change it that much. Sometimes just a little adjustment may make all the difference. On my S50, the windshield blocks my upper body and head from the wind very well, but it rushes in from underneath and it had to get a set of lowers to try and fix that. With whatever disadvantages there may be, and constant fiddling and adjustment to get it right, I still prefer having that shield between me and the wind and any projectiles that may be headed my way. There have been innumerable small stones and large bugs that really would have hurt had the shield not been there. And if you get hit in the face or neck hard enough, or hit by a bird, you could lose control of the bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads