View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #25
burkbuilds

Re: My 2007 GZ and new textile jacket

mrlmd1, no problem, I guess my comment should have come with a quote about what I was agreeing with on alantf's post. I'll try to be more aware of what I'm doing next time.

WW, I certainly don't cut to many corners when it comes to my riding gear, but as you pointed out, each of us may hold a different aspect as to what we think is important. I've certainly spent a few bucks on gear to keep me warm in the Winter since I ride year round, but I'll have to admit that I don't wear a lot of stuff in hot weather. That's a decision I may regret one of these days if I take a long slide without leather or armor on my body at the time. I'll always have a helmet on, and boots and gloves but I'll probably be in blue jeans and a t-shirt if it's in the 90's or more. For those of you who are worried that my loss of skin may cost you money somehow, I have private health insurance and an additional sum for medical expenses added to my motorcycle insurance. Most of my life I've been self employed and I've usually had to pay for all of my own health insurance, no help from an employer or Uncle Sam. For the last couple of years my wife has worked for a large Nationally known Health Insurance Company, so we've enjoyed better coverage at a much lower cost to us than when I had to pay 100% of my own premiums. Hopefully, I'll never need any of it to cover anything from a motorcycle accident!

Login or Register to Remove Ads