View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
BillInGA

Re: Denver to Atlanta

My bike modifications are complete and I'm looking forward to getting on the road tomorrow.

Back rest, throttle lock and seat pad all went on easily. I took a short ride to Boulder and back and everything is working fine.

I expected to have to put a battery charger on this morning when I got to the hanger. However, even after sitting for two months, the engine fired right up. I was pretty excited about that.

I am missing two pieces of equipment for my return trip: GPS and CamelBak. The GPS was sent back to Garmin for a recall repair last month. It was supposed to be back last week, but no luck. Apparently they are backed up on the repair work. As for the CamelBak, I just forgot to pack it. :whistle:

I do, however, have a new phone. I picked up a Droid X two weeks ago, breaking free of the walled garden of the iPhone. The Droid has GPS and an app that lets friends and family track my position online (it's called Lattitude). Since I'm riding the same route back, I expect to only occasionally need to use the GPS.

Cheers,

Bill