Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Latest CTX update. To heck with waiting for better weather to get the bike home. It can ride in the back of the Ranger. My local shop can unload it and Harvey the owner can get a look at it while he is unloading it. He will be doing the servicing in most cases. I will do the riding for 5 or 6 minutes to get it all the way home after that. This actually should have been the plan in the first place but I really did fail to think things through. Wednesday of next week, the 27th and I will have a new shiny Honda parked next to the Ranger at home.
It was kind of silly of me to have a good friend ride for an hour from the Honda dealer with a new bike with new tires that might be far too slippery if it does rain. I can wear off the new tire coating at my leisure when the roads are dry. A much safer plan for all concerned.
Future plans are to put the old Honda on CL and be done with it........period.
Plans for the CTX will be an adjustable windshield from Madstad made specifically for the CTX. I did have Madstan adjustable windshield brackets on my Vstrom and they worked well. The downside of the new windshield and adjustabable brackets will be the cost. With our Can $ going down the crapper I will have a very expensive farkle but why not. My slush fund should take care of that. The only other add ons will likely be some extra lighting to make me more visible day and night. Looking forward to midnite coffee runs that were so pleasant on the Vstrom.
Got a line on some LED driving lights out of Hong Kong that have good reviews. They even have some LED lights that the GZ could handle easily for all of the GZ night riders. Apparently there is also an available LED dimmer switch for their products. Time to start communicating with the vendor and do some real pricing with the dimmer included.
It may be cloudy and only +7 today but things are looking brighter and warmer in the near future.