Thread: Near accident.
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well atleast you have the mind to learn that you need to respect that bike more. It may feel like a minibike at times but it IS a motorcycle. This was exactly how i was acting when i had my gz. I was getting very over confident and riding it like you would a dirbike on a race course. I really had to tone it down and remind myself that if i keep this crap up i was going to hurt myself or someone else. It helped to just remember while i was riding that i do not have to speed, take it easy and enjoy the ride. (this was also my big reason for moving up to a larger bike).

You might want to practice your emergency stops in a parking lot somewhere too. This is the 2nd story now that ive read that someone panic stopped and put way too much front brake into their stop and caused damage to their bike (and dumped it).

Glad that the only thing broken was your pride and your mirror.

I ride like everyone out there could potentially kill me. Be aware of all your surroundings at all times. And practice your emergency stops! Get into the correct habit now instead of trying to break your bad habits later.

As for mirrors ... this would be a good excuse to get yourself some aftermarket mirrors off ebay

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook