Thread: 06 gz
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #8
spldart

I'm just curious.
To clarify...
Did you take off the fuel bowl. See 3 bronze colored screws *jets* clustered together towards the center under the main body of the carb. Unscrew them. Clean out all the little wholes on those three bronze colored screws *jets*. (two have quite tiny little holes) Then screw them back in firmly but not over tighten. ???
The tiny holed screws *jets* are idle/pilot type circuits. The big hole screw is your main circuit.

When I did my carb *bike wouldn't start* the two with tiny holes were the problems. One partial clog and one completely clogged.

Caveats!
Work somewhere you can find a small part if one falls off the carb. Driveway ground is not the best place.
Take notes if your worried you wont get the carb back together right. I find if I am dissassembling something complicated that some good pictures as you go on your digi cam or phone can be great notes for getting everything back the way it was. Take as many as you think you might need to get it right.
Generally this carb is real simple and in my opinion very reliable as long as you don't put it up for the winter wet.

Last edited by spldart; 06-02-2015 at 02:25 PM.