Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
Stilkikn

It runs!

Charged an old battery up and still wouldn't crank. Found a fuse blown in the starter relay. Replaced that and it still wouldn't start. Quick shot of ether in the intake and she fired up instantly, died, but restarted without ether. Smoked like an old 2 stroke for about 30 seconds and then cleared up completely. Must have some leaky valve guides. Took it for a very short trip down the road and back, until my fingers went numb from the cold. It ran ok, but could use a tune up. Gonna pick up an oil filter and o-rings tomorrow and change the oil, probably get a new plug too. Haven't looked at what's in there yet but need a spare anyway. Didn't run it long enough to be certain where oil leak is coming from but pretty confident it's the left header gasket. I need to clean it up real good and then take it for another spin to find out for sure. But will wait til a warmer day. All in all, bike looks sound and very happy with it so far.

PS:left header pipe interfers with lifting bike on my the stand. Have to rig up something that allows the pipe to clear. Any good ideas on that?

Login or Register to Remove Ads