Thread: Ever crashed?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
frempath

Re: Ever crashed?

In my younger days I have dumped a bike 3 times. All 3 involved breaking the rear tire loose at low speed.
1) Parking lot had a sharp "S" to slow folks down as they came off a major street. Came in as I always did, but this time some gravel had accumulated on the concrete. Leaned into the curve and out went the rear, and under a pick-up truck went I. Dinged the bike and road-rashed me.

2) Coming home on a clay bed gravel road after a night shift. Construction had started on a bridge and crew was spraying water everywhere, I guess to keep dust down. Very greasy situation and as I applied some throttle to get up a grade, dumped it. Would been nice if the crew would have helped get me out from under the bike, but hey they were union and didn't get paid for that. Just dings, cuts and bruises.

3) Coming around a sharp curve on county blacktop with gravel cross roads. Caught some gravel on the blacktop and the rear broke loose. This time I felt the bike going, let go of the bars, planted my right foot, did a hard pivot while swinging the left leg over the bike, and walked/ran away from the bike without injury.

First and Third probably could have been avoided with more attentiveness on my part. The second, nope cause I was stuck driving through the mess as it was the only way home.

frempath

The older boy's GZ250 for about town.
Previous:
XJ 650
GS 450L
XJ 650
XS 650
TS 185
ATC 90

Login or Register to Remove Ads