View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
mithuth

Re: 1999 Suzuki Marauder vz800 Starter issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Check yourr battery voltage at rest - you should have at least 12.6-12.8V for a fully charged good battery. The combination of low battery voltage, dirty/corroded connections at the battery or inside the solenoid (from low voltage sparking) could give you the intermittent starts you are seeing.
I did think to check the battery this morning. 13.17off/ 14.3 running according to mr volt-o-meter.

I ordered a new starter solenoid tonight and will get a new relay tomorrow when I go pick up new oil and filter at the local dealer. It can't hurt to replace 10 year old electronics, especially if the previous owner was starting/running it on a dead/near dead battery.

I giggled after thinking about the clutch switch. I guess it's one of those things I never really thought about, but kind of knew was there since it reads the clutch position for starting purposes.
Kill switch, kick stand switch and clutch switch seem good and working properly. It's gotta be starter solenoid, relay, or the starter itself.

Login or Register to Remove Ads