View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
b1pig

cams/valves... top end noise

I know I've had to have complained about this before. the engine on my wife's GZ has got to be the noisiest engine ever. I've checked and rechecked the valve adjustment on her bike several times. I can NEVER get the thing to quiet down. It just has a very prominent ticking noise that I swear sounds like there is too much slop. Maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes it sounds worse than others.

I've recorded it a few times, but theres never a good sample. Yesterday, I came home from work. The wife had her bike out of the garage and had been riding it around the house, so it was warm. When she fired it up, it seemed louder than I remember.... but her bike is RARELY ridden. and while its apples to oranges, my KLR hardly makes a sound.

anyone ever had to replace their cams? any history of the cam lobes wearing abnormally? I'm up for whatever. Wife loves her bike, and I'd hate for it to leave her stranded.

I'm using the official Suzuki tool to adjust the valves and the proper gauge. (i had to buy a particular set)... but I'm thinking of taking it to a local shop to see if they can come up with a better result than me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads