View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
Vegas Street Rider

If you are getting gasoline through hose number 6, it is coming from the crankcase into your air box. It is a breather tube only. Your carburetor is dumping fuel into the engine when it is turned off and parked. You never answered my question as to which position you have your fuel petcock turned to. If it is the original petcock, it will have 3 positions. Turning the long end of the selector to the 9 o'clock position is the on position. In that position, no fuel should flow to the carburetor until you turn the engine over and the vacuum from the carburetor pulls the fuel in. If the valve is turned straight down(prime), fuel will continually flow into the carburetor until it overflows and dumps fuel into your engine filling up the crankcase. The 3 o'clock position is your reserve setting.

Since I don't know your experience with bikes, I hope this is not sounding too condescending. If you left the petcock in the prime position, that would account for fuel in the crankcase and why it would then get pushed into the air box. You would then need to drain the oil/gas mixture out and put fresh oil and a new oil filter in. Never put more that a quart and a half in.

The only other possibility is that your float is stuck and letting fuel bypass into the engine through the jets that I am aware of, but then you would probably not get enough into the crankcase to fill it to the point that it is blowing it into your air box.

Let me know what you find. You will definitely need to drain the oil/gas out though.