View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #22
mrlmd1

Re: Please help me get my bike started

Either get yourself an owner's manual and read it (you can download it on here), get a basic book from the library about how engines work and read it, get a knowledgeable friend to help you, or sell your bike.
You keep jumping around all over the place and will never get it started if you keep randomly messing with it hoping something good will happen.

First off- if the bike started and was running, why did you want to put on the choke? You don't need it all the time, mostly when it's cold, and I'm sure where you are, it's not. It's not an automatic thing to have to do, if it starts without it, great.

Why are you leaving it on prime? Do you know what that does and when you need it?
The carb is flooded and probably dirty - you never did the Seafoam/Berryman's thing did you?

And I hope you charged up the new battery before using it, otherwise you will be back in the battery shop for another one in a day or two.
5-10 sec on the starter is more than enough. then let it cool off 15-30 sec. before hitting it again.
And starting fluid will not cure your problem and may get you into trouble.

You might also learn something doing a search on here and reading through a lot of posts about just this thing.
Try and listen to the advice you get if you ask a question -- you have a dirty carb, and old crappy gas, and maybe now also a weak or dead new battery. Proceed from there first.