View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
jake

Re: Please help me get my bike started

Wow mrlmd1, you're kind of tough. I have read a lot on this forum, the the manual and other sites trying to educate myself. Since my knowledge base was zero, I feel pretty enlightened to even know what the carb looks like and to have done what I have so far. If you read my first post you'll see that I drained my "old crappy gas" from the tank and carb, put in fresh gas AND SEAFOAM. I was taught to use the choke in my MSF training class taken in June in Florida and yes it was hot then. When the engine started it sounded weak and like it was going to quit, which made me remember - choke. Honestly I was excited that it started at all. When I got first battery, I was told it was ready to go and when I exchanged it today he checked the new one and, once again, said I was good to go-- no charging needed. You also tell me follow the advice here, which is why I'm here-- for advice from those who know a whole lot more than me-- yet tell me no starter fluid , which there are several conflicting posts above telling me how to do it. Furthermore, I only used prime to be sure that gas was still getting to the carb. Thank you Easy Rider for explaining about the float/needle valve. Thought I had read something about that somewhere.

I am certainly not trying to start trouble here but geez, give a girl a break. (Jake is my dog). I learned so much from this site whiletryin to learn to ride and now thought it would be ok to come back and ask some questions. I have noone close by to help me and am tying to get it running so I can sell it. After over a year of treatment to stay alive, don't want to go out as roadkill due to my inexperience or someone elses. Thank you immensely to those who have the patience to help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads