View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #28
mrlmd1

Re: Shifting Gears / Clutch / Transmission --- How to operat

Good explanation of how engine and wheels are connected through the transmission, but he is going to get overwhelmed with information he cannot use at this stage of development - like idle adjustments, idle speed, clutch adjustment, etc.
I'll say it again - Get a book and take a course ASAP and stay off the streets and roads until you do - you are going to hurt yourself and the bike. There are just too many things you do not know, to be attempting to ride around in public - like proper braking, countersteering, lean, and a host of other things aside from how to shift gears and how the clutch works. You attempting to teach yourself from scratch is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Would you go to a self-taught heart surgeon or brain surgeon for some life-saving procedure?
I personally don't think it's a good idea to potentiate this kind of advice on here and encourage this type of absolute newbie behavior. You cannot teach someone to ride safely by giving answers to questions like these. Just my opinion.